"Be the Change you wish to see in the world" -Gandhi "I will be a Hummingbird, I will do the best that I can." -Wangari Maathai "Where stereotypes begin with a grain of truth, cliches begin with a boulder" - George Watsky "And she's gonna learn, that this life will hit you - hard - in the face - wait for you to get back up just so it can kick you in the stomach, but getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to remind your lungs, how much they like the taste of air." - Sarah Kay "Do not fear what has blown up. If you must, fear the unexploded." -Suheir Hammad

Second Day Update

2 days ago I made an announcement. In an attempt to portray the negativity that I am currently trying to rid my life of, I may have skewed what exactly my new found confidence entails. Here is the gist of it.

I will be me. Cliche, yes, but I will no longer be the lovable shapeshifter. I will not try to please every living soul around me, in fear that I won't be loved. I am loved. Im loved by a wide range of people, so if one person doesn't like me, why should I change myself to obtain their approval?

But with this, I will also allow myself to say and do things that I feared before. Things I thought would make people run in the other direction, I will now embrace because they are me. I am me. Awkward is me. Loving is me. Scared is me. Vulnerable is me. Curious is me. Belting in the car is me. Rolling down fields is me. Meditating in my bedroom is me. Daydreaming of world peace is me. Observing plants is me. Del-Mex Taquitos is me. Sweat pants is me. Music is me. Late night snacks is me. I am me. I will not change me any longer. I will embrace these things, and with that embrace a new positive outlook. I will be confident. I will be happy. I will be helpful, I will be loving. If you do not like me, or what makes up me, I will no longer delete items of my life in an effort to morph into you.

I will not try. I will do.