"Be the Change you wish to see in the world" -Gandhi "I will be a Hummingbird, I will do the best that I can." -Wangari Maathai "Where stereotypes begin with a grain of truth, cliches begin with a boulder" - George Watsky "And she's gonna learn, that this life will hit you - hard - in the face - wait for you to get back up just so it can kick you in the stomach, but getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to remind your lungs, how much they like the taste of air." - Sarah Kay "Do not fear what has blown up. If you must, fear the unexploded." -Suheir Hammad

children

"Remember When Getting High Meant Swinging On The Playground? When Protection Meant Wearing A Helmet?When The Worst Things You Could Get From Boys Were Cooties? Dad’s Shoulders Were The Highest Place On Earth And Your Worst Enemies Were Your Siblings.Wearing A Skirt Didn’t Make You A Slut.The Only Things That Hurt You Were Skinned Knees. And Goodbyes Only Meant Until Tomorrow? And All We Wanted To Do..Was Grow Up"

I got that from my friend's Facebook Status. It's true isn't it? What happened to our little kid worlds? Why did we have to, nor even want to, give them up...for this? For an occasional good moment? For an occasional day or two that we feel infinite? And the rest of the days full of drama, full of wrongs needed to be righted, full of heartbreaks. Why did we trade it in? Adults did a good job of acting apparently, or maybe kids are just optimists and look at only the good things in life. Must be ADD not to notice the bad stuff. Either way we were blindsided. Now they "freedoms" we thought we'd have are followed up by worse consequences.
Example: I get to drive! And pay for insurance, gas, and any check ups. I get to chauffeur friends around. You could be killed at any second. Yea I wanted to grow up for this.
Example: I can buy whatever I want! And then get a job to pay for it, if I can get a job nowadays, or I might just live on the streets because I spent all my money.
Example: I can eat ice cream every day for breakfast! And have health problems for the rest of my life..

I'm not saying we should tell little kids this, but I am saying that I'm jealous... oh dear am I jealous....