"Be the Change you wish to see in the world" -Gandhi "I will be a Hummingbird, I will do the best that I can." -Wangari Maathai "Where stereotypes begin with a grain of truth, cliches begin with a boulder" - George Watsky "And she's gonna learn, that this life will hit you - hard - in the face - wait for you to get back up just so it can kick you in the stomach, but getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to remind your lungs, how much they like the taste of air." - Sarah Kay "Do not fear what has blown up. If you must, fear the unexploded." -Suheir Hammad

Meditation


I hate trying to be coerced into something. I hate coercing people into doing things. We have free will. But I also hate waiting for people's reactions. Patience is something I need more of. I need to meditate or something. It's really relaxing. You should try it. Just to think and be in the moment. Not dwelling on the past or anticipating the future, but realizing the moment that your in and making to best of it. It's very relaxing. No drama to worry about, no school/work, no planning, just you in that moment. And not the fake you that you put up when being watched by various people, that acts like everyone wants you to. The you that is content with everything you do. Doesn't matter what you wear, do with your hair, music you like, or anything. The you that wants you to relax and be happy. That you is inside of you. And meditation pulls it out. It's amazing. And you don't need to cross your legs in crazy poses or light candles and hum. Just breathe deep and clear your mind. By then coercing isn't a problem. People doing what they want makes you a happier person. You truly feel happy for people, and you can for once be at peace with yourself and your surroundings. I think I'm gonna go meditate.